1. If the cash drawer will not open check the printer which drives the cash drawer.
2. Make sure the printer is on, there are no error lights, and that printer spooler is running.
3. There is a cable coming out of the back of the cash drawer. It hooks into the DK port on the back of a printer. Some cash drawers have a cable that is hard wired into the drawer, and some have a plug underneath were the cable plugs into.
4. Is the cash drawer making a “Ding” sounds, but not popping. Usually this is either; the drawer is locked, or something has jammed the drawer.
5. If you cannot access the “Settle” button , then the cash tray has not been initialized.